Spring is Calling: Fresh Herb-filled Recipes
Posted by recipeat - tags:
Is spring giving you a craving for fresh eats? Check out our selection for healthy recipes below.
Fresh Basil & Kale Pesto
Ingredients 1/3 cup of olive oil 1/4 cup of chicken broth 1/2 cup of light and fluffy grated parmesan (not packed) 5 garlic cloves, peeled 2 cups of fresh basil leaves 2 cups of lacinato kale 3 tablespoons of pine nuts 1/2 teaspoon salt Black pepper Lemon juice Instructions
- Place all of the ingredients in the order as listed into your blender, Vitamix or food processor.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Top on pasta, a firm white fish or chicken
Quinoa Salad with Tuna & Capers
Ingredients 2 cups of cooked Quinoa 2 cans tuna, preferably olive oil packed 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil 1 1/2 tablespoon capers, rinsed 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, plus whole leaves for garnish 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro salt and pepper Instructions
- Cook quinoa as directed. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until completely cool, at least 1 hour. Separate grains with a fork.
- Drain the tuna of its excess oil, put it in a bowl, and then flake it with a fork.
- In a large bowl, stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add the rice, tuna, capers, parsley, chopped basil, and cilantro and mix gently.
- Garnish with whole basil leaves!
Herb Spring Rolls
Ingredients 1 package of spring roll wrappers 1 red onion thinly sliced 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch julienne strips 1/3 cup thinly sliced cabbage 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (preferably Thai basil), washed well and spun dry 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, washed well and spun dry 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, washed well and spun dry Dipping sauce 1/2 cup soy sauce 1/4 cup sesame oil 1 clove of garlic minced 1/2 inch chunk of ginger finely chopped 1/4 cup lime juice 1 tsp sriracha 2 tbsp fish sauce Instructions
- For sauce combine all ingredients in a bowl and divide.
- Marinade red onion in half the dipping sauce for at least 30 minutes.
- To prep spring roll wrapper dip in water for 5-10 seconds until flexible.
- Layout wrapper on a wetted surface add peppers, onions, cabbage and a good pinch of herbs in each wrapper plus a touch of onion marinade. Roll wrapper tucking in side to close ends before finishing the rolling
- Tags: recipe