Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include salary history. Applications without cover letters will not be accepted.
Modern Sprout LLC (MS) is a Chicago-based design shop and manufacturer of innovative gardening products that offer simple and sustainable solutions to the modern day challenges of growing plants indoors. MS’s product collection currently includes hydroponic planters, grow lights, herb and flower grow kits, lifestyle gift sets, seed starter kits, indoor bulb kits and garden accessories. Its products have been included in “Oprah’s Favorite Things” twice and featured in numerous other media outlets. Currently, Modern Sprout can be found on the shelves national Home & Gift retailers such as Target, Crate & Barrel, Nordstrom, Anthropologie, and at over 1500 independent retailers across the country. Modern Sprout launched in 2013 via Kickstarter, and has grown rapidly to include over 40 employees in 15,000 SF of office/warehouse space in Chicago’s Nearwest Industrial Corridor (West Town/Brewery District).
We are seeking a bright, energetic and highly organized Marketing Assistant who can work flexibly in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The Marketing Assistant will wear many hats, including supporting day-to-day brand operations/management, B2B and B2C marketing initiatives, digital and social media management, business analytics, special marketing initiatives, sales support and more. This is a new role within the company that will report directly to one of MS’s co-founders.
This position will have significant key responsibilities, opportunities for professional development, and the chance to play a vital role in contributing to a brand that’s experiencing rapid growth.
• Work collaboratively with internal and external teams to build and execute the overall brand and marketing strategy across all channels (digital, PR, social, email, etc.) for B2C.
• Work with external agency to plan and execute digital, interactive and social media marketing campaigns, focusing on community development, engagement, and follower acquisition. Forge partnerships with influencers and execute unique campaigns.
• Manage creative content generation including copy, photography, graphics, social, and web
• Analyze monthly reports tracking KPIs, brand conversations, engagement, and conversion/sales for ongoing campaigns
• Brand and content management for e-commerce site and wholesale site.
• Manage media relations by actively pitching press with new products, providing samples, developing relationships.
• Support sales director for B2B with asset development/execution, marketing material needs, sampling coordination, etc.
• Tradeshow support, coordination and travel
• Support Customer Service Associate by identifying customer grievances and apply findings to develop creative marketing solutions to prevent said grievances in the future
• Analyze data and identify problems/bottlenecks and develop solutions
• Key account support as needed
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• 1-3 years marketing experience, preferably with a consumer product company
• BS in Journalism, Communications or Business (or other relevant degree)
• Is able to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce multiple deliverables within tight timeframes
• Resourceful, solutions-driven and creative
• Demonstrated self-starter that is detailed-oriented and highly organized – a lover of checklists
• Strong critical thinking, research and analysis skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Thrives in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment and understands that comes with ambiguity
• Team player that is a quick learner and tech savvy
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage both internal and external resources and oversee a collaborative cross-functional team
• Green thumb – or aspiring green thumb – is a major plus
• Full-time, salaried. Competitive compensation based off experience
• Benefits package includes medical and vision insurance, plus flexible hours and unlimited paid vacation time